Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best films of 2008

Although I'm still waiting to see Milk, Let the Right One In, Synecdoche, The Wrestler, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, Gran Torino, Changeling and Frost/Nixon, I've seen a lot of very good films this year. Up to now, here are the best:

  • The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button
  • Doubt
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Iron Man
  • Wall-E
  • The Visitor
  • The Dark Knight
  • In Bruges
and in a close second:
  • Vicky Kirstina Barcelona
  • Burn after Reading
  • Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Who says 2008 wasn't a good year for films?

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

Rachel Getting Married is missing from your list. Was it an oversight?

Terry Dawson said...

Lynette - I didn't see it and the only person I talked to who had seen it told me it was awful. I'm interested in opinions to the contrary, as I generally appreciate the work of both Demme & Hathaway.